Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com> on 2009/04/29 18:34:06 UTC

Highlighting using XML instead of strings?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters

I can specify the strings to highlight matched text with using
"hl.simple.pre" and "hl.simple.post", for example <b> and </b>.
The result looks like this:

   <str>&lt;b&gt;Eumel&lt;/b&gt; NDR Ländermagazine</str>

However, what if as the result of favouring XML over strings,
I rather want something like this:

There could be a parameter "hl.xml" which I could use to request
modified XML like this:

   hl.xlm=em
   hl.xlm=b

This would allow smoother processing technologies like XSLT.
Is such a feature available?

Michael Ludwig