Posted to users@maven.apache.org by SCHNEIDER-DUFEUTRELLE Maxime <ma...@sgcib.com> on 2011/04/01 11:06:31 UTC

NPE when trying to install an archetype

I wonder if my mail was sent on the mailing list so I send it again, sorry if you already receive this mail.

Hi all,

I'd like to make my own artifact/archetype and I'm facing an issue when trying to install it, precisely when it tries to make the jar file.

Here is the output :

C:\HOMEWARE\Maxime\myartifact >mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building myartifact
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory C:\HOMEWARE\Maxime\ myartifact \src\main\resources
[INFO] [resources:testResources {execution: default-testResources}]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory C:\HOMEWARE\Maxime\myartifact\src\test\resources
[INFO] [archetype:jar {execution: default-jar}]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] null
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetypeManager.zipper(DefaultArchetypeManager.java:108)
        at org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetypeManager.zip(DefaultArchetypeManager.java:98)
        at org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetypeManager.archiveArchetype(DefaultArchetypeManager.java:81)
        at org.apache.maven.archetype.mojos.JarMojo.execute(JarMojo.java:88)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:55
6)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:387)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Mar 30 17:16:23 CEST 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/34M

The "myartifact" folder contains a pom :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.dotnet</groupId>
  <artifactId>myartifact</artifactId>
  <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>maven-archetype</packaging>
  <name>myartifact</name>
  <build>
                        <extensions>
                          <extension>
                                                <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
                                                <artifactId>archetype-packaging</artifactId>
                          </extension>
                        </extensions>
                        <plugins>
                          <plugin>
                                                <artifactId>maven-archetype-plugin</artifactId>
                                                <extensions>true</extensions>
                          </plugin>
                        </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Another pom in myartifact\archetype-resources and a archetype.xml in myartifact\META-INF\maven.
I followed http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html .

Does anyone know where it could come from ? Let me know if you need some other information to help me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Maxime
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
                              ************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

RE: NPE when trying to install an archetype

Posted by SCHNEIDER-DUFEUTRELLE Maxime <ma...@sgcib.com>.
Thanks Hervé,

I'll provide you a sample project on a jira ticket asap.

Maxime

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.