Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Lynch, Peter" <Pe...@NBNZ.CO.NZ> on 2004/03/02 20:40:55 UTC

Strange email

Has anyone received an email that appears to be from
"geronimo-dev@incubator.apachetE" with the subject "Weeeeee! ;)))" and an
attached file called TextDocument.zip?  I'm suspicious that someone is
mining the geronimo mailing list and trying to spread spam, at the least, or
a virus, at the worst.

Regards,
Peter Lynch

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.
If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email
and delete the emails.
Thank you.

Re: Strange email

Posted by Eric Le Goff <er...@gicm.fr>.
Chris Perrin wrote:
> Yeah, I got seveal of those emails.  There was a new virus alert out this
> morning.  Panda or something like that I think.
Most likely Netsky.D virus...
See
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html

I am so happy to be a Linux user ;)