Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Moritz Petersen <pe...@pnpconsult.com> on 2002/03/21 10:08:04 UTC

including cocoon in jsp using struts

hello!

sorry for cross-posting this to cocoon-uses and struts-user!

i have the problem, that i need to dynamically include cocoon results into a
jsp page. because we use struts for our webapplication, i'd like to find a
way to combine both.

i'd like to have something like

<struts:include>
	<bean:write name="url">
</struts:include>

where struts:include is a tag, that evaluates its body to a valid url. the
content of the url shall be included, where the struts:include tag was.

i have written a tag, that works, but only with exsiting files, not with
cocoon pipelines (because it calls file:/ urls):

public class IncludeTag extends BodyTagSupport
{
	public int doAfterBody()
		throws
		JspException
	{
		String key = getBodyContent().getString().trim();

		try
		{
			// call cocoon servlet with key
			URL cocoon = new URL(key);
			BufferedInputStream in = new BufferedInputStream(cocoon.openStream());

			// read the output in a buffer.
			byte[] buf = new byte[in.available()];
			in.read(buf);

			// write the buffer to the page.
			getPreviousOut().print(new String(buf));
			in.close();
		}
		catch (Exception e)
		{