Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/11 09:30:04 UTC

[site] shorter descriptions on index

The descriptions of the components on the index page seemed quite
wordy and noisy to me when I was trying to create a one page summary,
so I edited out the redundant text and chopped it down a bit. Here's
the modified index page:

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons.html

Any interest?

Hen

Re: [site] shorter descriptions on index

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I went ahead and did this. Still have to do it for the Dormant ones though.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:30 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> The descriptions of the components on the index page seemed quite
> wordy and noisy to me when I was trying to create a one page summary,
> so I edited out the redundant text and chopped it down a bit. Here's
> the modified index page:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons.html
>
> Any interest?

+1 on almost all of this.

I think codec should mention phonetic/base64/URL, as "encode/decode" is
just a little to general to give an idea of its purpose.

Lang could perhaps be "Utilities similar to standard java.lang classes"
or somesuch.

CSV can be further compressed: "Reading and writing comma separated
value files".

id: "Generate globally unique identifiers"

Regards,

Simon