Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dario Novakovic <da...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/02 09:03:44 UTC

PasswordPrompter howto?

how do i work with add-on modules? i downloaded PasswordPrompter.war and placed it in modules dir. it is properly deployed (unpacked) but i don't know hoe to use it. i coludn't find any docs about it. can i get some guideance please?

thanx
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 3.3 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=3&thread=18>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>

Re: PasswordPrompter howto?

Posted by William Barker <wi...@wilshire.com>.
The recommended way is to edit $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/modules.xml and add the PasswordPrompter with:
<module name="PasswordPrompter"
javaClass="org.apache.tomcat.conf.PasswordPrompter" />

Then add an element to the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file looking like:
<PasswordPrompter />

The old 3.2.x syntax of <RequestInterceptor ... /> will work as well, but is deprecated.

Re: PasswordPrompter howto?

Posted by Dario Novakovic <da...@yahoo.com>.
> Placing it in the modules directory should be
> enough.
> I have tested it on Windows and Linux 7.1.  On which
> OS are you trying use it?

it is w98se. i don't think it depends on OS i use.
anyway i still don't understand what is it  used for?

Re: PasswordPrompter howto?

Posted by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com>.
The small amount of usage documentation is found where it was
downloaded, i.e.:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/add-ons/>

Placing it in the modules directory should be enough.
I have tested it on Windows and Linux 7.1.  On which OS are you trying use it?

Note: Adding more documentation is on my todo list.

Larry