Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jo Jeeka <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/09 23:05:47 UTC

[ApacheDS] How to register attribute types and values?

I have two errors I need to get around when trying to
use ApacheDS for Junit testing (no GUI).

First error...
2007-05-09 16:31:40,763 WARN
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.OidRegistryMonitorAdapter
- Failed to resolve OID: groupofurls
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException:
OID for name 'groupofurls' was not found within the
OID registry

is caused by reading in an LDIF with:

dn: cn=OW_gp, ou=Groups, dc=source,dc=com
displayName: User - OW
objectClass: top
objectClass: fGroup
objectClass: groupofurls
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
cn: OW_gp

Second error...
Caused by:
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException:
type not found in attribute registry!

caused by reading in an LDIF with:

dn: cn=OW_gp, ou=Groups, dc=source,dc=com
displayName: User - OW
type: 0
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
cn: OW_gp

Both errors seem to stem from the fact that I am not
registering attribute names or values.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [ApacheDS] How to register attribute types and values?

Posted by Jo Jeeka <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Yes.  When he first emailed he just found the email
address on the site and didn't realize it was a
mailing list email address.  I joined once I realized
(digging around more) that the email address was for a
list.

If the question was answered before through the
mailing list then we missed it.

Sorry for the confusion.

So what is the answer?

Thanks!

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Posted by Jo Jeeka <jo...@yahoo.com>.
BTW, thanks for the link.

And we are using 1.0.1

Here is where the confusion started about the mailing
list:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
 in the Conclusion section he didn't take the word
"post" literally and so didn't realize it was a
mailing list.

The fish are biting.

Re: [ApacheDS] How to register attribute types and values?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,