Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by kfogel <kf...@collab.net> on 2006/03/30 19:05:55 UTC

Re: svn update and log shows different revision

"Reuben D. Budiardja" <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> writes:
> In my working copy:
>
> $ svn update
> At revision 9.
>
> $ svn log
> r8 | reubendb | 2006-01-11 09:37:58 -0500 (Wed, 11 Jan 2006) | 1 line
>
> Fixed error on these files due to using "new array" instead of "new Array" in
> action script.
>
> So, why 'svn update' gives 'at revision 9' but 'svn log' shows that the
> working copy only at r8 ? is this normal ?

Was something committed in another directory, a directory not present
anywhere in your working copy?  'svn log' acts on your working copy by
default; if nothing under '.' changed since r8, then you won't see r9.

-Karl

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand

Re: svn update and log shows different revision

Posted by "Reuben D. Budiardja" <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu>.
On Thursday 30 March 2006 14:05, kfogel wrote:
> "Reuben D. Budiardja" <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> writes:
> > So, why 'svn update' gives 'at revision 9' but 'svn log' shows that the
> > working copy only at r8 ? is this normal ?
>
> Was something committed in another directory, a directory not present
> anywhere in your working copy?  'svn log' acts on your working copy by
> default; if nothing under '.' changed since r8, then you won't see r9.

Yes. Thank you. I just actually realized this right before I see your message.
Following suggestion about branching in svn book, I created a tags/<release>
while my working copy is only trunk/ (doh .. ). Obviously I still need to get
used to working with svn :).

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja