Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mike Scott <mi...@scottsonline.org.uk> on 2012/06/11 09:48:29 UTC

Impress - sending display to a separate X server?

I can happily run Impress using a secondary monitor on a single machine.
But looking at possible future options, I'm wondering if it's possible
to send just the presentation display to a completely separate X server
(keeping the control window on the local machine). That would allow a
decently large distance to the display equipment without having long
video cable runs. I've a suspicion not, at least without using xdmx or
similar, but would love to ber wrong.

(Using ubuntu or debian; not windows :-)) )

TIA.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: Impress - sending display to a separate X server?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:48:29 +0100
Mike Scott <mi...@scottsonline.org.uk> wrote:

> I can happily run Impress using a secondary monitor on a single machine.
> But looking at possible future options, I'm wondering if it's possible
> to send just the presentation display to a completely separate X server
> (keeping the control window on the local machine). That would allow a
> decently large distance to the display equipment without having long
> video cable runs. I've a suspicion not, at least without using xdmx or
> similar, but would love to ber wrong.
>
> (Using ubuntu or debian; not windows :-)) )
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> Mike Scott
> Harlow, Essex, England

I'm not a linux guru, but it might be possible using the Remote Desktop facilities in most (all?) linux distros.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>