Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/25 15:11:12 UTC

Encryption in Beta3 release

Hi All,

I have upgraded James to Beta3 and configured james-mailbox-jpa-context.xml
to use Encryption and also persistence.xml to use JPAEncryptedMessage and
unable to start James server.
So, Encryption is not part of Beta3 release? I have also gone though the
release notes and couldn't find the bug I created and the fix we in
corporated to Beta2.

If I need this functionality in Beta3 what should I be doing? Please advise.

Thank you,
Sai

Re: Encryption in Beta3 release

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Great!
Eric

On 25/08/11 15:34, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
> Thanks Eric, before seeing your response I tried the steps below and got my
> version of mailbox 0.4 with Encryption. James server is up and running with
> Encryption now.
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> Thanks, Sai
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Eric Charles<er...@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> beta3 server has been tagged some time ago and uses mailbox 0.3 which does
>> not contain the JPAEncryptedMessage...
>>
>> TO get it, you simply have to rebuild apache-james-mailbox-jpa-0.3.**jar
>> with the new JPAEncryptedMessage (but also changing the pom to
>>
>> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/james/mailbox/tags/apache-**
>> james-mailbox-0.3/<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/tags/apache-james-mailbox-0.3/>
>>
>> copy at the right place the *Encrypt* classes you find in
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/james/mailbox/trunk/jpa/**
>> src/main/java/org/apache/**james/mailbox/jpa/mail/model/**openjpa/<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/trunk/jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/jpa/mail/model/openjpa/>
>>
>> add in pom.xml
>>       <dependency>
>>         <groupId>org.jasypt</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>jasypt</**artifactId>
>>         <version>1.7.1</version>
>>       </dependency>
>>

>> mvn package.
>>
>> If you encounter issue, just come back.
>>
>> thx.
>>

>> On 25/08/11 15:11, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have upgraded James to Beta3 and configured
>>> james-mailbox-jpa-context.xml
>>> to use Encryption and also persistence.xml to use JPAEncryptedMessage and
>>> unable to start James server.
>>> So, Encryption is not part of Beta3 release? I have also gone though the
>>> release notes and couldn't find the bug I created and the fix we in
>>> corporated to Beta2.
>>>
>>> If I need this functionality in Beta3 what should I be doing? Please
>>> advise.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Sai
>>>

>> --