Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ben Kim <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 04:55:23 UTC

SingleColumnValueFilter with private fields and methods

I filed a hbase jira
[HBASE-6470<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6470>],
and it looks as follows

Why are most fields and methods declared private in SingleColumnValueFilter?
I'm trying to extend the functions of the SingleColumnValueFilter to
support complex column types such as JSON, Array, CSV, etc.
But inheriting the SingleColumnValueFilter doesn't give any benefits for I
have to rewrite the codes.
I think all private fields and methods could turn into protected mode.

Also more importantly I don't understand why SingleColumnValueFilter
extends BaseFilter.
It should be extending the CompareFilter class because BaseFilter and
CompareFilter are apparently different in their goals.

*Benjamin Kim*
*benkimkimben at gmail*