Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jon Fraley <jf...@glenraven.com> on 2002/06/05 15:09:32 UTC

apache2 mod_proxy configuration

We use the HP versions of apache. I am trying to migrate an instance of
1.3.19 to 2.0.0.  I have a requirement for mod_proxy which works in 1.3.19.
It seems it is not enabled in 2.0.0.  I am having a hard time getting it
enabled or loaded.  I am looking for some advice on enabling modules in
2.0.0

Jon Fraley
Unix Systems Administrator
Glen Raven, Inc
(336) 586-1148

RE: apache2 mod_proxy configuration

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Jon,

  Try running ./httpd -l and check to see if loadable module support
  was compiled into apache.  You are looking for mod_so.c in the output.

  Determine where apache would load its loadable modules from.  Check
  the httpd.conf file for LoadModule directives and note where the
  module is being loaded from.  Then check that directory to see if
  mod_proxy.so is there.  If so, then edit your httpd.conf file and
  add the LoadModule directive for mod_proxy and restart your server.
  If mod_proxy.so is not in the directory apache is loading its modules
  from, then you will need to compile it from source, or you may be able
  to locate a pre-built mod_proxy.so for your system/apache version.  In
  either case, put the loadable library into the correct directory,
  edit httpd.conf to load it, and restart the server.

  If mod_so.c is not in the listing from httpd -l, you will have to
  rebuild apache, either with DSO support and enable mod_proxy at
  that time, or compile mod_proxy statically into apache.

Posted by Jon Fraley <jf...@glenraven.com>.

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.