Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2020/05/06 14:30:21 UTC

Showcasing Community Efforts in Responding to COVID-19

I recently set up a section on Mifos.org to highlight how our open source
toolset can be harnessed to help fintechs and financial institutions
respond to COVID-19 to help weather the economic storm for the underbanked.

It includes messaging around how our open source building blocks can be
used to rapidly open accounts and enable G2P payments, low-cost
digitization of operations, rolling out digital payments and delivery
channels, etc.

You can access it at https://mifos.org/take-action/covid-19/

It also includes a video James recently produced for his tech demo at the
Global Digital Development Forum outlining this rapid deployment approach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSkpG3FS2KU&feature=emb_logo

James also documented the role of Fineract during this pandemic at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/2020/05/05/Fineract+in+the+Time+of+COVID-19
and
also co-authored an article on NextBillion.net on the impact of this on the
informal economy:
https://nextbillion.net/informal-economy-complicating-covid19-response/

One section I would like I would like to create and expand upon is a
showcase of partners and users of Mifos/Fineract and/or solutions powered
by it and how they're using their solution, the flexibility of our APIs, or
the delivery channels you've built to help in the COVID-19 response. i.e.
rescheduling loans, providing moratoriums on payments, enabling digital
payments, rolling out branchless operations, etc.

Please reach out to me with a few details on how you've helped your local
financial institutions be nimble in responding to the pandemic - I would
love to show firsthand how our community and open stack is having an impact.

Cheers,

Ed