Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by cuong PN <pn...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/20 03:29:54 UTC

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Hi all

We've been trying to solve this problem without any success yet. Hope you
guys can help!:-)

We're hitting this error:

DaoConfig: getDaoManager:
com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.StandardDaoManager@f91c8f
com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Failed to queryForList - id [SomeID],
parameterObject [com.sums.entity.SomeEntity@1bbfd3a].  Cause:
--- Check the SomeID-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (query failed).
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

        at
com.ibatis.dao.client.template.SqlMapDaoTemplate.queryForList(SqlMapDaoTemplate.java:284)
        at
com.sums.implementation.SumsDaoImpl.getDetails(SumsDaoImpl.java:40)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor60.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoProxy.invoke(DaoProxy.java:72)
        at $Proxy10.getDetails(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sums.beans.SomeBean.validate(JobPaymentEnquiryRetrieveBean.java:472)
        at com.portnet.base.BaseServlet.doPost(BaseServlet.java:318)
        at com.portnet.base.SecureServlet.doPost(SecureServlet.java:53)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1077)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:465)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:348)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:7047)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3902)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2773)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)
Caused by: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
--- Check the SomeID-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the statement (query failed).
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Everything runs fine in our DEV environment. But the moment we move it to
SIT, it shows that error. Some googling has been done but no solution found.
At most I've read that it has something to do with DUAL or SEQUENCE in
Oracle Database Server (we're running 10g). But I don't quite get it. Any
help will be greatly appreciated!

Many personal thanks! :-)
Cuong

Re: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Posted by cuong PN <pn...@yahoo.com>.
Hi guys

Really appreciate your replies:-)

Our problem, as we always wanted to believe, lies in connection to the wrong
db. But it still took us so long to believe in what we saw, i.e. the
exception message :-D

Thanks again!

Posted by Balaji Jankay <ba...@objectec.com>.

Posted by cuong PN <pn...@yahoo.com>.