Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Tallamraju, Raman" <Ra...@FMR.COM> on 2007/03/20 21:56:08 UTC

Jetspeed2.1 security-atz.xml issue

Hi All,

We've been trying to upgrade to the jetspeed-2.1 release but have been
having problems enabling JAAS security. Here are the details of the
problem - hopefully one of you can help:

We have a JAAS policy implementation that takes PageManager,
SearchEngine & PortletRegistry as constructor arguments. These are bean
references in the security-atz.xml file. When we build jetspeed, the
jetspeed plugin tries to create this policy object when running the
j2:_db.seed goal. This goal fails because page-manager.xml isn't
included in the ${temp.assembly.dir} directory (leads to a bean
definition not found error). Including page-manager.xml (and
jetspeed-spring.xml) in that directory ultimately leads to path issues
(can't find jetspeed.properties file).

We're stuck at this point with two choices:

A) Modify jetspeed plugin so that _db.seed works by copying all
dependencies to the target\portal-sql directory
B) Modify security-atz so that we don't need PageManager, SearchEngine &
PortletRegistry objects

We don't see approach B working. Can one of you help us with approach A?

Any suggestions/help with this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Raman

Re: Jetspeed2.1 security-atz.xml issue

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Mar 20, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Tallamraju, Raman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We've been trying to upgrade to the jetspeed-2.1 release but have been
> having problems enabling JAAS security. Here are the details of the
> problem - hopefully one of you can help:
>
> We have a JAAS policy implementation that takes PageManager,
> SearchEngine & PortletRegistry as constructor arguments. These are
> bean
> references in the security-atz.xml file. When we build jetspeed, the
> jetspeed plugin tries to create this policy object when running the
> j2:_db.seed goal. This goal fails because page-manager.xml isn't
> included in the ${temp.assembly.dir} directory (leads to a bean
> definition not found error). Including page-manager.xml (and
> jetspeed-spring.xml) in that directory ultimately leads to path issues
> (can't find jetspeed.properties file).
>
> We're stuck at this point with two choices:
>
> A) Modify jetspeed plugin so that _db.seed works by copying all
> dependencies to the target\portal-sql directory
> B) Modify security-atz so that we don't need PageManager,
> SearchEngine &
> PortletRegistry objects
>
> We don't see approach B working. Can one of you help us with
> approach A?

Yes, I know, I've been there before in quadruple trying to get this
working for Maven-1 build, Maven-2 build, Maven-1 plugin, Maven-2
archetype....

For solution #1, can you try setting a <sysproperty> on the java task
for the j2:_db.seed goal?
Something like:

           <sysproperty key="applicationRoot"
                        value="./src/webapp"/>

for the ${applicationRoot} property in jetspeed-spring.xml

I don't think this is the ultimate solution but it may get you
further for now