Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 23:05:26 UTC

how to pass extra Java opts to workers for spark streaming jobs

I am using spark 0.9.0 and I am able to submit job to YARN,
https://spark.apache.org/docs/0.9.0/running-on-yarn.html.

I am trying to turn on gc logging on executors but could not find a way to
set extra Java opts for workers.

I tried to set spark.executor.extraJavaOptions but that did not work.

Any idea on how I should do this?

--
Chen Song

Re: how to pass extra Java opts to workers for spark streaming jobs

Posted by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew, I tried and it works.

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com>.