Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net> on 2011/06/17 12:44:53 UTC

Introduction of Mathias Bauer

Hi all,

though I have spammed this list a lot already, I didn't introduce myself.

I joined Star Division in 1995, a few months before the first version of
StarOffice was released. For quite some time I worked in the so called
"framework" team. It's what the experienced OOo developers would
describe as "everything between the gsl layer (vcl) and the
applications". I also was involved in the programmability stuff (API,
extensions and the like), and since 2005 I lead the Writer development
team. In the last months I was heavily involved in the new build system
and some code refactoring here and there, with the goal to improve
modularity and build experience.

In short words: usually no code is safe from my hands if it fails to
vanish in the recycle bin before I can count to three. It's my firm
belief that hacking on a project makes the most fun if you try to
understand (and care for) as much aspects and parts of it as possible.

Though I'm here only for a few days now, I already like the Apache way
of doing things. Making something better instead of talking upfront
about how to reach the optimum is exactly what I prefer (and where we
sometime failed in the past). And though I have been a "lead" in the OOo
project for many years, I welcome a working style that does not need
formal leads and instead of that encourages everybody just to do his or
her best, lettings leads show themselves by what they do for the project.

I'm looking forward to the first OOo build based on the new Apache project!

Nevertheless I won't answer to mails over the next weekend as I will be
off pretty soon until Sunday evening, and I promised my wife to leave my
laptop at home. :-)

Best regards,
Mathias