Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr> on 2019/07/14 18:35:11 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Moving Aries website to github pages or other static generator?

Hi guys,

I started to play with Jekyll and published a preview on github pages:

https://fpapon.github.io/aries-site/

The source repository is here (forked from
https://github.com/apache/aries-site):

https://github.com/fpapon/aries-site

I can't publish my preview from another branch than master so this is
why I worked directly on it from my Aries site fork.

It missed the Aries logo and I need a svg to use it (or creating a new one).

Any feedbacks are welcome :)

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 8:20 AM Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
wrote:

> Creating a new logo would be a good thing but I guess it will take a while
> until it is done and approved by the PMC. So I suggest we treat this as a
> separate effort. From my side the web site could even go online without a
> logo at the start.

Sure, I'd be ok with that as well.

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [Discuss] Moving Aries website to github pages or other static generator?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Creating a new logo would be a good thing but I guess it will take a while
until it is done and approved by the PMC. So I suggest we treat this as a
separate effort. From my side the web site could even go online without a
logo at the start.

Christian

Am Di., 16. Juli 2019 um 08:41 Uhr schrieb Francois Papon <
francois.papon@openobject.fr>:

> I can't find the original usable logo in the sources...
>
> I was thinking about a new logo like this:
>
> https://pasteboard.co/IocJS2q.png
>
> regards,
>
> François
> fpapon@apache.org
>
> Le 15/07/2019 à 15:51, Raymond Auge a écrit :
> > +1
> >
> > looks nice and clean.
> >
> > Do we have a usable logo somewhere?
> >
> > - Ray
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 5:28 AM Christian Schneider <
> chris@die-schneider.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Clean and informative design. I like it.
> >>
> >> Christian

> generator

> Hugo.

> >> not
> pages

> >> and
> easy

> >> --
> >> --
> >> Christian Schneider
> >> http://www.liquid-reality.de
> >>
> >> Computer Scientist
> >> http://www.adobe.com

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [Discuss] Moving Aries website to github pages or other static generator?

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [Discuss] Moving Aries website to github pages or other static generator?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Clean and informative design. I like it.

Christian

Am So., 14. Juli 2019 um 20:35 Uhr schrieb Francois Papon <
francois.papon@openobject.fr>:

> Hi guys,
>
> I started to play with Jekyll and published a preview on github pages:
>
> https://fpapon.github.io/aries-site/
>
> The source repository is here (forked from
> https://github.com/apache/aries-site):
>
> https://github.com/fpapon/aries-site
>
> I can't publish my preview from another branch than master so this is
> why I worked directly on it from my Aries site fork.
>
> It missed the Aries logo and I need a svg to use it (or creating a new
> one).
>
> Any feedbacks are welcome :)
>
> regards,
>
> François
> fpapon@apache.org
>
> Le 30/05/2019 à 08:02, Christian Schneider a écrit :
> > Hi Francois,
> >
> > It would be great if you can help us. I agree we should use a generator
> > instead of fully static pages. It makes managing the content a lot
> easier.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > Am Mi., 29. Mai 2019 um 08:00 Uhr schrieb Francois Papon <
> > francois.papon@openobject.fr>:
> >
> >> Hi Christian,
> >>
> >> I can help on this ;)
> >>
> >> The Apache Karaf website is a pure static html pages but we could use a
> >> generator like Hugo and writing content in markdown.
> >>
> >> FYI I'm working on the new Apache Camel website and we are using Hugo.
> >>
> >> Let me know :)
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> François
> >> fpapon@apache.org