Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rajesh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 09:11:05 UTC

hbase.zookeeper.quorum minimum nodes ?

I have query on hbase.zookeeper.quorum.

I have 2 nodes in hadoop cluster and installed hbase on it.

Following is configuration:
    >>file: hbase-site.xml<<

        <configuration>

            <property>
                <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
                <value>hadoop-master</value>
            </property>

Currently I am getting error as below:

        INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
(unknown error)
        2013-10-23 17:35:50,493 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and
attempting reconnect

and
Error mentioned in hbase-hadoop-zookeeper-hadoop-master.log file is

2013-10-23 17:47:06,801 ERROR
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig: Invalid configuration,
only one server specified (ignoring)

After looking at below link

http://hbase.apache.org/book/zookeeper.html

How many ZooKeepers should I run?

You can run a ZooKeeper ensemble that comprises 1 node only but in
production it is recommended that you run a ZooKeeper ensemble of 3, 5 or 7
machines;
Is that I need to have minimum 3 machine in cluster to run hbase with
Zookeepers ?

Thanks

Re: hbase.zookeeper.quorum minimum nodes ?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. Opening socket connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181

Is localhost the same machine as hadoop-master ?

Can you tell us more about your cluster config ?

What version of HBase / zookeeper are you using ?

Cheers