Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Hartwig <t....@itth.com> on 2007/06/05 14:06:27 UTC

mod_jk and rewrite changed behaviour from 1.2.18 ->1.2.23

Recently I tried to update the mod_jk module for a debian system to
version 1.2.18 of the jk connector. All compiling went through but I
have problems with some changes in conjunction with the rewrite
functionality of apache I assume.

In the past I did some internal [PT] (proxy pass through) requests to
map a shtml path to a tomcat struts application (see setup below).
Unfortunately this is not working any more in 1.2.23.

My setup worked with 1.2.18, but 1.2.23 fails with a tomcat file not
found error: some.shtml could not be found.

Does somebody know this? And can give me a hint how to achieve a similar
functionality?

Thanks
Thomas

My setup looks like this:

JkMount         /gototomcat/*   ajp13_worker

<VirtualHost somehost>
	ProxyRequests Off
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule /some.shtml /gototomcat/action.do [PT]
</VirtualHost>

Re: mod_jk and rewrite changed behaviour from 1.2.18 ->1.2.23

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@gmail.com>.
Thomas Hartwig wrote:

> My setup worked with 1.2.18, but 1.2.23 fails with a tomcat file not
> found error: some.shtml could not be found.

Try adding
JkOptions ForwardURICompat

1.2.23 has as default ForwardURICompatUnparsed to be able to
deal with some security attacks (see 1.2.13 announcement)
I'm not very happy with that and we'll release 1.2.24 that will
again have ForwardURICompat as default.

Regards,
Mladen.