Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ron Yust <ry...@conversantinc.com> on 2005/07/21 16:21:05 UTC

[m2] Download DLL

How do you download a DLL as a dependency and still retain its non-versioned
name?  I am trying to do something like this:

<project>

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

<groupId>JTwain</groupId>

<artifactId>JTwain</artifactId>

<version>8.2</version>

<dependencies>

      <dependency>

            <groupId>JTwain</groupId>

            <artifactId>JTwain</artifactId>

            <version>8.2</version>

            <type>dll</type>

            <jar>AspriseJTwain.dll</jar>

      </dependency>

</dependencies>

</project>

The above can download a DLL named JTwain-8.2.dll, but I need the original
name of AspriseJTwain.dll.

Ron Yust
VP of Technology
Conversant, Inc.
Cell:  (417) 540-5003
Office:  (417) 781-7994 ext. 201

 <ma...@conversantinc.com> ryust@conversantinc.com
 <http://www.conversantinc.com> www.conversantinc.com

  _____

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of
Conversant, Inc., are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have
received this message in error, please delete this message immediately from
your computer and contact the sender by telephone at (417) 781-7994. Any
other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.

Re: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I assumed you were using Maven1.

For Maven2, it still depends on where you are putting it. Yes, the
assembly plugin can rename dependencies when they are incorporated.
However, this plugin's documentation is lacking and this was only a
recent patch so is not in the last release. We're working on it.

If you want a short piece of Ant script such as this, you might try
the maven-antrun-plugin:
http://www.neonics.com/projects/maven-antrun-plugin/. This will be
incorporated into the next release of Maven.

- Brett

Re: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
seems like we will need maven-rename-plugin for m2 ;-)

-D

RE: [m2] Download DLL

Re: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by Ron Yust <ry...@conversantinc.com>.

RE: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by Ron Yust <ry...@conversantinc.com>.
Thanks, but I still don't understand how to rename it via Maven.  There is
no clear documentation to help novices with things like this.

Re: [m2] Download DLL

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.