Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bobby Quinne <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 15:49:05 UTC

IDE code completion

Hi there,

I have tried netbeans 6.8 and eclipse 3.5.0 while evaluating struts2. I can
get tag lib completion when editing a jsp file, however is 1 able to get
completion on member fields sitting in your Action object?

I have tried installing https://nbstruts2support.dev.java.net/ for netbeans,
but it just seems to allow the creation of a struts2 project(setup web.xml
and libs) but no additions to the IDE editor.

I have done some JSF work, and the editor does give you auto-complete on
beans and the member fields, which is what I am after.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: IDE code completion

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bobby,
i use eclipse and din't find a way to do it.
I think it would be very difficult to make that happen
because in jsp You have no idea which action (class) one came from.
Maybe adding some convention knowledge would help a little but then
again how to handle includes.
It's pretty hard thing to do correctly.

Best greetings,
Pawel Wielgus