Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/06 13:01:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 0.91-incubating RC2

Hi,

Please review and vote on the 0.91 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
Java.

The artifacts are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/tuscany/0.91-rc2/

This includes the binary and source distributions, the RAT reports, and the
Maven staging repository.

The SVN tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/0.91-rc2-incubating/

All comments raised for RC1 -
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg19416.html -
have been fixed.

Looks ok to me - so here's my +1.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 0.91-incubating RC2

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
I have created TUSCANY-1420 for the README problems.

   Simon

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
The distro signatures verified ok for me. Not sure why the command you have
below fails for you, it works for me, do you have all the artifacts
downloaded in that directory?

   ...ant

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Source distribution builds ok from clean repo, and I have tried the
sample applications, and also tried the webapp samples using jetty.

Some minor findings...

   - The source distribution has iTest modules that are not listed on
the pom. Just raising this as we might be shipping iTest modules that
would fail if users try to build them.

   - The following project/module poms have SNAPSHOT references. This
looks ok, as these projects follow into the above category, and are
not part of the main build.

       - itest\interop-soap-client\pom.xml
       - itest\interop-soap-round2-client\pom.xml
       - itest\interop-soap-service\pom.xml
       - itest\interop-xsq-client\pom.xml

Overall, looks good to me, with no major issues.

Here is my +1.

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 0.91-incubating RC2

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Venkat,
I'll raise a JIRA and create a patch for the README issues that I
found, so that they can be fixed in our next release.  They are all
quite minor and I think it's probably not worth putting them in the
face of our users by highlighting them in an Errata page.  If anyone
thinks that an Errata page is needed, then the text in my post to
the list could just be copied into that page.

   Simon

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/8/07, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Looks ok to me as well so +1.
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 7/6/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please review and vote on the 0.91 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
> > Java.
> >
> > The artifacts are available for review at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/tuscany/0.91-rc2/
> >
> > This includes the binary and source distributions, the RAT reports, and
> > the
> > Maven staging repository.
> >
> > The SVN tag for the release is:
> >

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/0.91-rc2-incubating/
> >
> > All comments raised for RC1 -
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg19416.html -
> > have been fixed.
> >
> > Looks ok to me - so here's my +1.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > - Venkat

So, I got the key to verify after a bit of fiddling about. Something wrong
with the way I have the gpg tool I'm using installed.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 0.91-incubating RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
Looks ok to me as well so +1.

   ...ant