Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2009/03/01 04:21:11 UTC

Request to get Windows DLL changes into M5

I'm working to integrate the C++ DLL changes originating from Danushka
(QPID-1673) into M5. The situation at this point is that the common
and client libs build as DLLs. The broker, which was built as one
giant exe in M4, is now split into a broker lib and qpidbroker exe.
The broker lib is still building static lib, but at least can link
into the unit tests.

The work is on the qpid-1673 branch and I've also built on Linux.
Although the code changes are primarily added decorations that Windows
requires to declare DLL exports, I'm not comfortable enough with it to
drop it into trunk at this time, but that will early this week. I'm
hoping that the Powers That Be will be amenable to my committing this
on trunk then. Or, it could go on the M5 branch. Either way, can I get
this in M5?

Thanks,
-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Request to get Windows DLL changes into M5

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Thanks,

I'll get a few systems to point to it and give it a stressing.

Carl.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Carl,

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2009/3/2 Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>:

>> I'm working to integrate the C++ DLL changes originating from Danushka
>> (QPID-1673) into M5. The situation at this point is that the common
>> and client libs build as DLLs. The broker, which was built as one
>> giant exe in M4, is now split into a broker lib and qpidbroker exe.
>> The broker lib is still building static lib, but at least can link
>> into the unit tests.
>>
>> The work is on the qpid-1673 branch and I've also built on Linux.
>> Although the code changes are primarily added decorations that Windows
>> requires to declare DLL exports, I'm not comfortable enough with it to
>> drop it into trunk at this time, but that will early this week. I'm
>> hoping that the Powers That Be will be amenable to my committing this
>> on trunk then. Or, it could go on the M5 branch. Either way, can I get
>> this in M5?
>>

> With the two patches I submitted yesterday, it is possible to build broker
> DLL as well.
>
> Danushka
>
> --
> Danushka Menikkumbura
> Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.
>
> blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/
>
> http://wso2.com/ - "The Open Source SOA Company"

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Sounds like the functionality is there just needing testing. I don't
see this as a problem to include in 0.5.

Cheers
Martin
--
Martin Ritchie