Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Jacek R. Ambroziak" <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/25 20:46:21 UTC

New XSLTC jar available

The new xsltc.jar with several bugs removed
(dbonerow performance, alphabetize, Cocoon use of Trax)
is available from

	www.ambrosoft.com

right click/save

Since I've indentified some pretty serious errors while working
on a few benchmarking cases, my hope is that whole classes
of problems will go away.

In the process I've noted many opportunities to improve XSLTC;
I am saving these for later, concentrating on real bugs first.

Soon, I hope, the changes I make will be available in the official
Xalan tree.

To be continued.

--Jacek

Re: New XSLTC jar available

Posted by "Jacek R. Ambroziak" <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Dims,

I'd have to recreate the problem. Help me with this
and I will try to debug it.

I removed one more serious bug yesterday and will
be posting new xsltc.jar w/i and hour.

--Jacek

Re: New XSLTC jar available

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Torsten,
>
> Here are the steps:
> 1. Get latest CVS of xml-cocoon2. (Updated this morning to Xalan2.3.1+Xerces2.0.0)
> 2. Add BCEL.jar, java_cup.jar, JLex.jar and runtime.jar from Xalan2.3.1 binary distribution into
> lib\optional.
> 3. Add xsltc.jar from http://www.ambrosoft.com/ into lib\optional.
> 4. Build WAR file as usual with include.webapp.libs=true.
> 5. Add -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl
> to your TOMCAT_OPTS.
> 6. That's it....Start ur tomcat and you will see entries with
> org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerHandlerImpl in your log files.
>
> Jacek,
> Found a number of problems with XSLTC implementation. For example:
>
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.RuntimeException: External function
> 'org.apache.cocoon.util.NetUtils:encodePath' not supported by XSLTC.
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:199)
>
> Can you please help by trying latest Cocoon2? As you might know by now...C2 is the best testing
> environment for any XSLT Engine as we use almost everything that Xalan supports and we
> periodically (when time permits) do a sanity check with Saxon.

Cool! Thanks, Dims

I'll try the in the next days...

Thanks
--