Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mitch Gitman <cr...@excite.com> on 2002/11/21 20:57:45 UTC

server class organization

 I must fundamentally fail to understand the server-side class structure of an app deployed on Axis. Suppose I have a Java interface I want to expose. It's in package foo.bar. It has methods like:public Something getSomething(SomeInput input) throws SomeException; What's critical about this interface is that it's exposing objects. All the objects belong to the package foo.bar. So I run Java2WSDL. And then when I run WSDL2Java, I specify a new package for the auto-generated classes, foo.axis. So now in my *SoapBindingImpl.java, I have the following method:public foo.axis.Something getSomething(foo.axis.SomeInput input)        throws foo.axis.SomeException {} Naturally, the deploy.wsdd has typeMapping entries for foo.axis.Something, foo.axis.SomeInput, foo.axis.SomeException, etc. Now, the next thing I want to do is fill in the methods of *SoapBindingImpl.java. But how do I reconcile my foo.bar classes -- where all my application logic is -- with the foo.axis classes that Axis has auto-generated? For example, I have foo.bar.Something, but I need to expose foo.axis.Something. Or do I? For this discussion, forget any use of classes on the client.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com