Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Ribbens <jo...@unequivocal.co.uk> on 2001/09/27 16:44:19 UTC

Apache 1.3.19, Tomcat 4.0, mod_webapp, SSL and isSecure()

I have just installed Tomcat 4.0 with Apache as described above.
If I have a servlet deployed on an "https" web server, the
HttpServletRequest.isSecure() method returns false instead of true.
Why is this, and how can I fix it?

(I don't want to just set 'secure="true"' on the Warp connector in
server.xml because the same connector is used for non-https sites
too. The documentation for the warp connector appears not to be
written yet :( )

Re: Apache 1.3.19, Tomcat 4.0, mod_webapp, SSL and isSecure()

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Jon Ribbens wrote:

> I have just installed Tomcat 4.0 with Apache as described above.
> If I have a servlet deployed on an "https" web server, the
> HttpServletRequest.isSecure() method returns false instead of true.
> Why is this, and how can I fix it?
>
> (I don't want to just set 'secure="true"' on the Warp connector in
> server.xml because the same connector is used for non-https sites
> too. The documentation for the warp connector appears not to be
> written yet :( )

You should try mod_jk have a look to
http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/ajp13-tc4.0/