Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christoph Reichenberger <ch...@ergonis.com> on 2006/06/05 18:30:53 UTC

URIDNSBL does not work

Hi,

it's me once again. After all your help my BAYES is now running fine.
Although I said, I wanted to wait a couple of days, the BAYES is
running so fine now that I could not stand to go further.
I already received a couple of spams that got BAYES_99, but got
a total of less than 5. All these mails are so suspicious that I
assume that they should get additional points from URIDNSBL.

So I tried to activate it by doing the following:

a) uncommented the following line in init.pre (in fact it was even
uncommented in the default installation);
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

b) and made sure that  RBL checks are performed, i.e.
skip_rbl_checks 0

c) made sure that the firewall allows connections from the mail
server to the WAN

But no message get's tagged with URIDNSBL points.

Is there anything else to do in order enable URIDNSBL?

P.S.  I promise - if I get this running, I won't bother you anymore
(today) ;-).

Thanks

Christoph
--
Christoph Reichenberger - ergonis software gmbh

Re: URIDNSBL does not work

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote on Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:42:13 -0400:

> btw, "spamassassin --lint -D uridnsbl" will just output the uridnsbl
> stuff. :)

Thanks for the info, Theo!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: URIDNSBL does not work

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 06:38:51PM +0200, maillists@conactive.com wrote:
> You may want to run a simple debug:
>
> spamassassin -D --lint
>
> and look if URIDNSBL gets used and throws no errors.

btw, "spamassassin --lint -D uridnsbl" will just output the uridnsbl
stuff. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Borg Mac!  The burger that eats you!

Re: URIDNSBL does not work

Posted by ma...@conactive.com.

From: "Kai Schaetzl" <ma...@conactive.com>

Christoph Reichenberger wrote on Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:30:53 +0200:

> I already received a couple of spams that got BAYES_99, but got
> a total of less than 5. All these mails are so suspicious that I
> assume that they should get additional points from URIDNSBL.

Do they contain URI's? Then check one of the "untagged" URI on the SURBL
and URIBL pages.

> b) and made sure that  RBL checks are performed, i.e.
> skip_rbl_checks 0

URIDNSBL are not affected by this. (= they are carried out with 1
nonetheless)

> c) made sure that the firewall allows connections from the mail
> server to the WAN

You may want to run a simple debug:

spamassassin -D --lint

and look if URIDNSBL gets used and throws no errors. BTW: here's the
spamassassin documentation
http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc.html
and here's the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/
that has everything the docs don't have.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany