Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by er...@eunet.at on 2000/07/13 21:37:35 UTC

Install 1.7.4 on Tomcat - small inconsistency in doc?

Hello Guys,

    it took me some time to install Cocoon 1.7.4 on Tomcat 3.1, I just
did not receive any reaction (except Cocoon.xml: URL not found) when I
asked for Cocoon.xml.

The reason was that I did not tell apache to redirect all *.xml requests
to Cocoon.

When I added

            Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.coocon.Cocoon
            AddHandler coccon .xml

to my httpd.conf file, everything worked. I did not find this in the
Apache Tomcat section of the install guide, probably it is there, and I
just did not see it. Otherwise, I guess it could help other users if a
short section (like for Apache - Jserv) is added

Cheers,

Ernst