Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Duncan Krebs <du...@krebsnet.com> on 2003/04/02 22:24:28 UTC

Figuring out why tomcat won't start

Hey,
Could anyone give me some pointers on how to find an error that is causing tomcat not to start. I'm using 4x on Windows, when I got to a prompt in the bin folder and type 'startup' the new DOS window opens for a split second and then closes right away. Most likely some error in my server.xml. However when I go to my logs folder no new logs are being generated, so I don't really know how to troubleshoot. Any ideas?