Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Sambit Tripathy <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 02:30:24 UTC

Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

Any rough ideas how much this would cost? Actually I kinda require a budget
approval and need to put some rough figures in $ on the paper. Help!

1. 6 X 2 TB hard disk JBOD, 2 quad cores, 24-48 GB RAM.
2. I rack mount unit
3. I gbe switch for the rack
4. 10 gbe switch for the network

Regards,
Sambit Tripathy.

Posted by Sambit Tripathy <sa...@gmail.com>.
I understand.

But sometimes there is a lock-in with a particular vendor and you are not
allowed to put the servers inside corporate data center if they are
procured from some another vendor.

The idea is to start from basic and then grow. You can tell me some numbers
in $s if you have, preferred ;), I know sometimes there are no correct
answers.

I got a quote of $4200 for  6 X 2 TB hard disk JBOD, 2 quad cores, 24-48 GB
RAM. Vendor: HP. Does this sound ok for this configuration?

Posted by Sambit Tripathy <sa...@gmail.com>.
I understand.

Posted by Sambit Tripathy <sa...@gmail.com>.
I understand.