Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bob Beck <rb...@lifecomhealth.com> on 2004/01/19 21:58:30 UTC

CommonsHTTPSender Question

I was trying to do some performance experiments with a .NET client and a
Java-based Axis client talking to an Axis 1.1 server, and noticed the .NET
client does HTTP "keep-alives" while the Java Axis client didn't (the .NET
client performs alot better than the Java client, I'm trying to understand
why, and figure the lack of keep-alive's is part of the explanation).

I found the references to CommonsHTTPSender (isn't google wonderful? :-),
and noticed it's in the Axis 1.1 documentation, but I don't find the class
file with the Axis 1.1 release.  I assume this is some form of version skew
on the Axis 1.1 docs.

I do find CommonsHTTPSender in the Axis 1.2 alpha release source code,
however; but it's not in the axis.jar file included as part of
axis-1_2alpha.zip.  More version skew?

So, I'm curious if CommonsHTTPSender will be part of Axis 1.2 or not.

Before Axis 1.2, then, I get the impression I need a copy of
CommonsHTTPSender (and probably the common-httpclient code), compile it,
and configure it into my clients.  Where does one find a good copy of
CommonsHTTPSender that works with Axis 1.1 ?  I found some references as to
how to configure it into my client-config.wsdd, so I think I know how to do
that.

Thanks.

- Bob Beck