Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 02:24:28 UTC

Re: Bug in new logical optimizer framework?

Hi,

I am also interested in this logical plan optimization framework
functionality. You mentioned that rules are being developed, could you
explain a little bit more about them? Are they like the classic logical
optimizations (early projection, early filtering, among others)?
Thanks in advance.

Renato M.

Posted by Daniel Dai <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The optimization code is in the package org.apache.pig.experimental. The
code is not used by default unless you set system property
pig.usenewlogicalplan to true. A good starting point might be
"org.apache.pig.experimental.logical.optimizer.LogicalPlanOptimizer".

Daniel

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Renato,