Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Skorpien126 <lo...@web.de> on 2006/11/01 20:57:51 UTC

ComponentParameter value to Persistent ComponentProperty

I have found several posts here where this problem is discribed.. but

"no one" works in my case...

One described: Overwrite the pageBeginRender ... i tried but i use a
@For-Component so that this doesnt work because the property is persistent.
Error ("Change to persistent property ... has been ignored. Persistent
properties may only be changed prior to the rendering of the response page."
)

Another one make use of a bean... I also tried this... overwriting the
bean-value with the parameter value in the pageBeginRender method but this
also throws an error. in correspondending abstract class i make use of the
property normally generated on rendering (discribed here
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/usersguide/spec.html ->bean
specification).
This throw also an error  "ognl.NoSuchPropertyException

org.apache.tapestry.bean.BeanProvider.persistItem "

Here my bean specification:
<bean name="persistItemBean" lifecycle="page" property="persistItem"
class="myobject"></bean>

Has anyone an idea... or better a solution??? ^^

Re: ComponentParameter value to Persistent ComponentProperty

Posted by Skorpien126 <lo...@web.de>.
Ok I tried it very often ... and it looked like that

page:
index="ognl:Index">
item="ognl:TemporaryItem"/>

myformcomponent.jwc
  <component id="putitin" type="TextArea">
	   <binding name="value" value="ognl:item.content"/>
   </component>

   <!-- Parameter -->
   <parameter name="item" required="yes"/>

myformcomponent.html
<form jwcid="test@Form" listener="listener:formSubmit">
        <textarea jwcid="putitin" cols="70" rows="10">
	Content...
	</textarea>
        <input type="submit" value="Send"/>
</form>

Reading the Parameter was no problem but when I submit the form i get an
"setProperty(null,content,"my new value exception)"... I my eyes it looks
like that the binding wasn´t successfull.
I read several forum-messages ... some of them with the same problem. They
all give the parameter to a persistent  property.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Skorpien126 <lo...@web.de>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Skorpien126 <lo...@web.de>.