Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nishikant Kapoor <nk...@webrachna.com> on 2010/05/22 15:53:09 UTC

Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at ...

Hello there,

I have been trying to figure it out for over a week now but without much
success. Could really use some help.

When I visit my site http://www.Channelorama.com/DH/?act=home using IE,
I see the following error in the apache error log. And, IE hangs in a
'working' loop, without displaying the page.

[Thu May 20 03:01:08 2010] [error] Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103)
Software caused connection abort at ...util.pm line 855

The line it is complaining about is

   $r->print($tmpl->output);

The strange part is that this error shows up ONLY when browsing via IE
(version 6 and 8; haven't tried others). But, when browsing the same
site using FF (3.5.3) on Linux, it seems to be working just fine. No
errors in the log.

Has anyone experienced this/similar issue? If so, could you please share
how you resolved it? Here is my setup:

CentOS release 5 (Final)
HTML-Template-2.5
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)  PHP/5.2.6  mod_perl/2.0.4  Perl/v5.8.8

Thanks,
Nishi

Re: Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at ...

Posted by Nishikant Kapoor <nk...@webrachna.com>.
Torsten Förtsch,

You are awesome! That was it.

I had a line in there just before '$r->print($tmpl->output)'

   $r->content_type("text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\n\n");

I removed the two \n and now, it is working great with both IE and FF..

Really, truly appreciate it.
Nishi

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Saturday 22 May 2010 15:53:09 Nishikant Kapoor wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have been trying to figure it out for over a week now but without much
> success. Could really use some help.
>
> When I visit my site http://www.Channelorama.com/DH/?act=home using IE,
> I see the following error in the apache error log. And, IE hangs in a
> 'working' loop, without displaying the page.
>
> [Thu May 20 03:01:08 2010] [error] Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103)
> Software caused connection abort at ...util.pm line 855
>
> The line it is complaining about is
>
>    $r->print($tmpl->output);
>
> The strange part is that this error shows up ONLY when browsing via IE
> (version 6 and 8; haven't tried others). But, when browsing the same
> site using FF (3.5.3) on Linux, it seems to be working just fine. No
> errors in the log.
>
> Has anyone experienced this/similar issue? If so, could you please share
> how you resolved it? Here is my setup:

Your server claims to do chunked output. That means the first output line
contains the length of the first chunk. But it does not obey the protocol.

$ curl -v 'http://www.channelorama.com/DH/?act=home' --raw
* About to connect() to www.channelorama.com port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 74.126.19.227... connected
* Connected to www.channelorama.com (74.126.19.227) port 80 (#0)
> GET /DH/?act=home HTTP/1.1
OpenSSL/0.9.8k zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.10
> Host: www.channelorama.com
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:04:20 GMT
< Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) PHP/5.2.6 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<
             <-- here the length of the chunk is expected

16204        <-- but it only comes here. You print 2 empty lines before the
                 first chunk

Here an example how it should look like:

$ curl -v 'http://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml' --raw
* About to connect() to www.bahn.de port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 81.200.198.6... connected
* Connected to www.bahn.de (81.200.198.6) port 80 (#0)