Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Reagan Penner <rp...@cs.usask.ca> on 2004/03/18 16:03:46 UTC

getting an error when trying to run svn log

Hello, I am having some problems with svn log. when issuing the
following command:
svn log notes\logo\16-colour\subversion_logo_notxt-32m.png

I get the following error:

svn: Error resolving case of
'noteslogo?-coloursubversion_logo_notxt-32m.png

it's like some extra characters are being placed into the path by svn
log.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated .................. thanks
............... Reagan Penner

Re: getting an error when trying to run svn log

Posted by Dirk Dierckx <di...@rekencentra.be>.
On 2004-03-18 10:07 -0600, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Reagan Penner <rp...@cs.usask.ca> writes:

<snip/>

> Are you running on a Unix system?  Because what it looks like is that
> your shell is reading some escaping into your command, and mapping:
>
>    \l  -> l
>    \16 -> (some unprintable character)
>    \s  -> s
>
> Backslashes are only used on native Windows systems.

or maybe you're running a cygwin shell under windows?
--
Dirk Dierckx
Software Engineer

Re: getting an error when trying to run svn log

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.