Posted to ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org by Magnús Þór Torfason <ma...@handtolvur.is> on 2001/03/16 16:58:21 UTC

International characters in 1.4.1

International characters seem to be broken in ecs 1.4.1. I upgraded from
1.3.3 to 1.4.1, and with the new jar, when ecs encounters an element with
icelandic characters, it stops outputting.

There are no exceptions, just erraneous output.

Replacing the jar with 1.3.3 solves the problem again (but I need some of
the new stuff in 1.4.1).

I built the jar last monday (march 12th), and used everything fresh from
cvs.

Magnus Torfason

Re: International characters in 1.4.1

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <Ro...@appleonline.net>.
Stephan Nagy wrote:

> Magnús ?ór Torfason wrote:
>
> > International characters seem to be broken in ecs 1.4.1. I upgraded from
> > 1.3.3 to 1.4.1, and with the new jar, when ecs encounters an element with
> > icelandic characters, it stops outputting.
> >
> > There are no exceptions, just erraneous output.
> >
> > Replacing the jar with 1.3.3 solves the problem again (but I need some of
> > the new stuff in 1.4.1).
> >
> > I built the jar last monday (march 12th), and used everything fresh from
> > cvs.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?  As far as I know nothing that effects this
> has changed.

if somebody posts an example i'll take a look

- robert

Re: International characters in 1.4.1

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>.
Magnús Þór Torfason wrote:

> International characters seem to be broken in ecs 1.4.1. I upgraded from
> 1.3.3 to 1.4.1, and with the new jar, when ecs encounters an element with
> icelandic characters, it stops outputting.
>
> There are no exceptions, just erraneous output.
>
> Replacing the jar with 1.3.3 solves the problem again (but I need some of
> the new stuff in 1.4.1).
>
> I built the jar last monday (march 12th), and used everything fresh from
> cvs.

Anyone have any ideas on this?  As far as I know nothing that effects this
has changed.

-stephan