Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kristian Rink <ka...@zimmer428.net> on 2009/10/07 08:20:47 UTC

[users@httpd] AccessLog configuration: log requests depending upon HTTP STATUS code?

Folks;

being into trying to extract meaningful information off an apache 2.2
access.log / error.log, I wonder whether there is a straightforward way here
of setting up logging so that only requests resulting in an HTTP STATE ==
40x or 5xx will be logged. Looking at access.log I see that the information
(state = "200" in most cases which seems good :) ) is generally there, but
so far I failed figuring out how to exclude unwanted logging output (i.e.
any requests ending in a state 200 or 30x). Playing with log level settings
in apache2.conf doesn't seem to do the trick. Can any enlightened soul help
me through this? Will SetEnvIf do what I want here?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian