Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Han-Cheol Cho <ha...@nhn-playart.com> on 2015/07/28 10:51:05 UTC

create db command through hs2 makes a directory owned by hive

 Hi, all

Even I user impersonation, running "create database test01" in beeline
 (and hue that uses hs2) makes a directory in HDFS owned by *hive* user.
However, table directories and files under it are all correctly owned by a
user.

For user impersonation, I followed the cloudera documentation by adding
hadoop.proxy.hive.hosts and hadoop.proxy.hive.hosts to core-site.xml and
hive.server2.doAs to hive-site.xml.

Is there someone who experienced the same problem?
I am wonder whether this is a bug or my misconfiguration.

Best wishes,

 趙漢哲  CHO, HAN-CHEOL (Ph.D)
 データ研究室   / 社員
  --> 〒105-6322 東京都港区虎ノ門1-23-1 虎ノ門ヒルズ森タワー22階
Email  hancheol.cho@nhn-playart.com   Messenger

NHN PlayArt 株式会社

Re: create db command through hs2 makes a directory owned by hive

Posted by Takahiko Saito <ty...@gmail.com>.
You should set hive.server2.enable.doAs to 'true'  in hive-site.xml and
change hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts in core-site.xml.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:51 AM, Han-Cheol Cho <hancheol.cho@nhn-playart.com

--
Takahiko Saito