Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Bolioli <tp...@terranovum.com> on 2006/06/01 02:19:00 UTC

new mailman spam???

I have included the mailing in it's entirety below. Is this an old trick
I just have not seen or is this something new using mailman to send
spam. I assure you I neither signed up nor confirmed a submission for
this mailing list. Is this just a poorly configured mailman install?
Tom

From: newsl2-request@nueva-alianza.org.mx
To: thomas_bolioli@alumni.adelphi.edu
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:08:54 -0500
Sender: newsl2-bounces@nueva-alianza.org.mx
    autolearn=disabled version=3.0.4

  newsl2@nueva-alianza.org.mx

subscription page at:

http://lists.nueva-alianza.org.mx/mailman/options/newsl2/thomas_bolioli%40alumni.adelphi.edu

  Newsl2-request@nueva-alianza.org.mx

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:

  ekhuku

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your nueva-alianza.org.mx mailing
list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you
prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to
unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on
your options page that will email your current password to you.

Re: new mailman spam???

Posted by Thomas Bolioli <tp...@terranovum.com>.
I definitely did not see an approval request. And I can now confirm that
there are some people who are trying to opt out of the list saying they
did not subscribe. I already have sent postmaster but I am not optimistic.
Tom

Re: new mailman spam???

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

Re: new mailman spam???

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Wed, 31 May 2006, Thomas Bolioli wrote:

> I have included the mailing in it's entirety below. Is this an old trick
> I just have not seen or is this something new using mailman to send
> spam. I assure you I neither signed up nor confirmed a submission for
> this mailing list. Is this just a poorly configured mailman install?
> Tom

[snip..]

> If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
> or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
> subscription page at:
>

> http://lists.nueva-alianza.org.mx/mailman/options/newsl2/thomas_bolioli%40alumni.adelphi.edu

It's either some weird kind of spam or a very strange list gone rogue.
I'm finding these mesages showing up in spamtraps that I've setup using
accounts that have been inactive for 10 or more years.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>