Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by James Mao <ja...@iona.com> on 2007/06/28 04:45:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r551110 - in /incubator/cxf/trunk: api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/service/ rt/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/ rt/frontend/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/frontend/ tools/javato/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/tool...

Hi Glen,

Excellent catch!

The reason tools ignore the service class implement the java.rmi.Remote
is that we don't support it in the runtime.
And the reason that we throw exceptions, is that in other project
(especially the Eclipse STP)  would like to catch such exception.
I know in tools we should have a concept of warnings and errors, but
that will be another story.

James

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Am Donnerstag, den 28.06.2007, 10:45 +0800 schrieb James Mao:
> Hi Glen,
>
> Excellent catch!
>
> The reason tools ignore the service class implement the java.rmi.Remote
> is that we don't support it in the runtime.

Of course, which makes sense.

> And the reason that we throw exceptions, is that in other project
> (especially the Eclipse STP)  would like to catch such exception.

Oh, I see.

> I know in tools we should have a concept of warnings and errors, but
> that will be another story.

OK.  As I learn more about the project, perhaps this is an area where I
can help.

Glen