Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2009/04/09 20:10:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: r763640 - /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-shade-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/shade/DefaultShader.java

Hi Dan,

> Author: dkulp
> Date: Thu Apr  9 13:27:23 2009
> New Revision: 763640

> Log:
> Fix an issue where classes only referenced as arrays are not being properly shaded.

For the release notes, shouldn't there be a corresponding JIRA issue?

Benjamin

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu April 9 2009 2:10:03 pm Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> > Author: dkulp
> > Date: Thu Apr  9 13:27:23 2009
> > New Revision: 763640

> > Log:
> > Fix an issue where classes only referenced as arrays are not being
> > properly shaded.
>
> For the release notes, shouldn't there be a corresponding JIRA issue?

Possible.   I THINK it's the cause of MSHADE-47 and thus MSHADE-47 may be
resolvable, but I really don't have the time (or the hibernate knowledge) to
verify that.

I'm also couldn't reproduce it using anything small enough to be considered
for a test case.   Thus, I'm not even sure if the above description is really
correct.   I just know that in SOME cases, I was seeing something like
"[Lcom.foo.Blah;" and "[Lcom/foo/Blah;" coming into the remapper which, from a
straight naming standpoint, means arrays, but doing something like adding
arrays fields/params didn't trigger it.   Not really sure what was.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org