Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/28 16:08:56 UTC

[PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Hi

The camel-test component supports currently both JUnit 3.x and 4.x,
each in separate package.
Supporting both requires us to have a fair amount of duplicated code,
one for 3.x and another for 4.x.

I suggest to @deprecated the JUnit 3.x part of the camel-test component.
Then we can remove support for 3.x in Camel 3.0.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> wrote:
> Can you just yank it out instead of @deprecate?  Test classes are not part
> of guaranteed functionality provided to users.

camel-itest is a test kit for Camel end users.
So its public API.
http://camel.apache.org/camel-test.html

The test kit makes it easier to write unit tests with Camel.

That said, we use it of course also a lot in Camel for unit testing
the many Camel components we have.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Ticket created

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
+1, I like that.

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
+1
Den 28. des. 2011 18:54 skrev "Christian Schneider" <ch...@die-schneider.net>
følgende:

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 on both counts.
Hadrian

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1.

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [PROPOSAL] - camel-test - @deprecate JUnit 3.x API

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman
On 2011-12-28, at 下午11:08, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> The camel-test component supports currently both JUnit 3.x and 4.x,
> each in separate package.
> Supporting both requires us to have a fair amount of duplicated code,
> one for 3.x and another for 4.x.
>
> I suggest to @deprecated the JUnit 3.x part of the camel-test
> component.
> Then we can remove support for 3.x in Camel 3.0.
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------