Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by deepak singh <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/24 22:14:03 UTC

Issue with PropertyConfigurator::configure function

Hi,
 I am using property file to configure the log4cxx. I am not able to check
the correctness of the input property file.
 I tried the try, catch but PropertyConfigurator::configure function is not
throwing any exception.
 I passed the dummy property file and in this case configure file printing
following messages on the console :

log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (root).
 log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

 Please let me know how to catch this error?
-------------------Code-----------------
void InitLog(const char *file)
{
     log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configure(log4cxx::File(file));
 }

Re: Issue with PropertyConfigurator::configure function

Posted by deepak singh <de...@gmail.com>.
hi Curt,
  Thanks for the mail.
  In My code, I wanted to check for incorrect configuration file.
  Is there any way to know that if
log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configure(log4cxx::File(file));
does not succeed. (apart form getting error message to the cosole). Doe it
provide anything which we can handle programatically if function returns

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.