Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by girish hilage <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2015/09/02 21:21:39 UTC

Need help with issue in Ranger installation on HDP

Hi,
I was trying to install Ranger through Ambari(2.0) on HDP(2.2) cluster.However, after Ranger configuration was complete, when I clicked on “Deploy” button, the Ambari UI got stuck showing the progress bar.
So, I restarted the ambari-server and logged in to Ambari UI.It showed “Ranger” service in the list of installed services in the left pane but it was not running. I tried to start it on UI but nothing happened.I thought of un-installing Ranger but the “edge node” on which I had installed it does not show “Ranger” in its set of installed services. Now, the situation is :-          Neither can I use the currently installed Ranger-          Nor can I un-install and re-install it. So, just wanted to know if it is an issue with Ambari(2.0)?And if there is any other workaround for this.It is possible to :-  edit Ambari settings from command line?- or install new Ambari version without affecting the current cluster setup? Regards,Girish

Re: Need help with issue in Ranger installation on HDP

Posted by girish hilage <gi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Gautam,
Thanks for your reply.We could resolve the issue by removing Ranger settings from Ambari using curl and then re-installing it from Ambari UI.We referred Services and State with Ambari REST API
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Services and State with Ambari REST APIThe Ambari management tool for Hadoop offers among other handy tools a comprehensive REST API for cluster administration. Logically a cluster is divided into host... |
|  |
| View on henning.kropponline.de | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Regards,Girish

     On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:23 PM, Gautam Borad <gb...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Girish,
    Can you check if Ranger is successfully installed? Go to "Ranger" from the left menu then "Summary". Let us know whats written next to "Ranger Admin"

If the installation was not successful, you can go to : "Ranger" from the left menu then "Summary" then click on "Ranger Admin" link and click on "Reinstall" option next to "Ranger Admin / Ranger" from the dropdown.

--
Regards,Gautam.

Re: Need help with issue in Ranger installation on HDP

Posted by Gautam Borad <gb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Girish,

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install Ranger through Ambari(2.0) on HDP(2.2) cluster.
> However, after Ranger configuration was complete, when I clicked on
> “Deploy” button, the *Ambari UI got stuck showing the progress bar*.
>
> So, I restarted the ambari-server and logged in to Ambari UI.
> It showed “Ranger” service in the list of installed services in the left
> pane but it was not running. I tried to start it on UI but nothing happened.
> I thought of un-installing Ranger but the “edge node” on which I had
> installed it does not show “Ranger” in its set of installed services.
>
> Now, the situation is :
> -          Neither can I use the currently installed Ranger
> -          Nor can I un-install and re-install it.
>
> So, just wanted to know if it is an issue with Ambari(2.0)?
> And if there is any other workaround for this.
> It is possible to :
> -  edit Ambari settings from command line?
> - or install new Ambari version without affecting the current cluster
> setup?
>
> Regards,
> Girish

Gautam.