Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Smith <ke...@kensnet.org> on 2005/05/04 21:38:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Urgent Help Apache 2.0.52

In a new install of Apache 2.0.52 we have edited the standard httpd.conf
and added an alias to our own html directory which contains files produced
by our application in the /usr area. We have always used exactly the same
configuration in previous installations of RH and httpd eg: httpd-2.0.40-
8.

The alias is called /ADVAN/ that points to a directory under /usr.
Attempts to access it return an error "Forbidden You don't have permission
to access /ADVAN/ on this server. Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at
89.0.0.210 Port 80

We have made all the relevant file permissions 777 just in case but it
makes no difference.

Is alias broken in 2.0.52 or has there been some major change to access
controls in Apache?

Thanks in Advance

Ken

RE: [users@httpd] Urgent Help Apache 2.0.52

Posted by Ken Smith <ke...@kensnet.org>.

> > Is alias broken in 2.0.52 or has there been some major change to access
> > controls in Apache?
>
> Neither.
>
> Start by looking in the apache error log.  Also check to see if you
> are using SELinux and if you have it configured properly.
>
> Joshua.

Thanks Joshua - that was it. Fixed now

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.