Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Karan Gupta <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/12 17:07:44 UTC

"Topic Created" event

Hello,

I am learning how to use kafka as my personal project.
I was wondering if there is a "topic created" event that kafka or zookeeper
sends such that a simple scala/java program can listen to. I was not able
to find any documentation on that.

Thanks for any advice :)
--

Best regards
Karan

Re: "Topic Created" event

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Wonder if you can listen to the zkPath for topics via a zk watch (
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/api/org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher.html)
to let you know when the structure of the tree changes (ie, add/remove)?

The zkPath for topics is "/brokers/topics"

https://github.com/christian-posta/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/utils/ZkUtils.scala#L59-59

HTH!

--
*Christian Posta*