Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Neale Rudd <ne...@metawerx.net> on 2012/04/16 16:45:11 UTC

Want list for 1.0.0 official release

Hi Guys,

Now the TomEE startup is nice and fast, there's 2 remaining things I personally would like to see in the 1.0.0 release.

They could wait, but I think they'll make a difference.

1. A fix for the UnknownModuleType exception when an application that runs on Tomcat with no WEB-INF folder is run on TomEE.

2. A cool logo (and here's another +1 for the paw-print Romain made, because I think that one looks really good).

The first point means it's easy to transition customers from Tomcat to TomEE where they have additional websites that are static sites and don't need a WEB-INF folder.  We have quite a few of these - developers make their main applications, and often tack on a few sites for friend's businesses or websites they've designed which are just HTML "brochure" sites, as part of their main Tomcat JVM.  If their JVM can be converted from Tomcat to TomEE easily it adds to the early-adoption numbers.

The 2nd one is important because it's the first main release.  I think if you come in with a logo, it looks branded and professional.  People will identify with it as they do the Tomcat and other container logos and it dresses up papers, presentations, websites and our News section for example when we make an official release about TomEE.

Just a want list, but thought I'd push it ;-)

I know they both might not be possible for 1.0.0, but if there's another follow-up release with them shortly after, that'd be great!

Best Regards,
Neale Rudd
Metawerx Pty Ltd
http://www.metawerx.net

Re: Want list for 1.0.0 official release

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

just for the first part i (or somebody having time) have to filter by
extension because actually even jar are taken for a webapp when it is not a
module and it is easy to filter them.

- Romain

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,