Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Trieu, Danny" <dt...@tickets.com> on 2005/10/11 22:52:02 UTC

Posible bug with commons EL.....

Hi,

I am accessing a nested bean property via EL and getting a
java.lang.IllegalAccessException:

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.commons.el.ArraySuffix
can not access a member of class com.xxx.patron.domain.BasePerson with
modifiers "public"

        at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65)

        at org.apache.commons.el.ArraySuffix.evaluate(ArraySuffix.java:314)

        at
org.apache.commons.el.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:145)

        at
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorIm
pl.java:263)

        at
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorIm
pl.java:190)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate(PageContextImp
l.java:922)

        at
org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.patron.PatronDetails_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(
org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.patron.PatronDetails_jsp:156)

        at
org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.patron.PatronDetails_jsp._jspService(org.apache.
jsp.html.portlet.patron.PatronDetails_jsp:102)

my bean has the default package access modifier, but its properties are
declared "public". I think this is bug with the commons.el package.

Can someone verify if this is true? If it is a bug. Can someone tell when is
the next release that will have a fix for this bug?

Thanks for any help,

--danny

"The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to
confess your ignorance." -Confucius

RE: Posible bug with commons EL.....

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Check the Java Language Specification: