Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Brent Atkinson <ba...@usm.maine.edu> on 2008/11/19 17:33:40 UTC

Destuctive upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3?

Hi,

I want to upgrade from archiva 1.0.2 to archiva 1.1.3 (war install), but I am a little confused from the docs:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Upgrading+from+1.0.x+to+1.1.x

The upgrade described here says it will blow the users away, but I am sharing the user database between
archiva and continuum. How can I avoid recreating the users? Does this mean that I can no longer share
accounts between archiva and continuum?

The other problem is that the upgrade guide speaks of the jetty configuration files, and that the archiva
configuration files are now jetty files. Is this true for the war install on tomcat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brent Atkinson
batkinson@usm.maine.edu

Re: Destuctive upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3?

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@usm.maine.edu>.
I had a feeling the docs weren't quite what I was looking for, but I was trying to
find out some details the without nagging you folks first. I was trying to read
what that process was like to decide whether to make the jump. I'll give it a go.

Thanks,

Brent Atkinson
batkinson@usm.maine.edu

On 20/11/2008, at 3:33 AM, Brent Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade from archiva 1.0.2 to archiva 1.1.3 (war install),
> but I am a little confused from the docs:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Upgrading+from+1.0.x+to+1.1.x

These are user notes on the process, for feedback in improving the
documentation, rather than concrete steps to follow.

> The upgrade described here says it will blow the users away, but I
> am sharing the user database between
> archiva and continuum. How can I avoid recreating the users? Does
> this mean that I can no longer share
> accounts between archiva and continuum?

It should be retained, and certainly was in my case. I don't see from
the page why it wasn't in there case, did you have an issue with it?

> The other problem is that the upgrade guide speaks of the jetty
> configuration files, and that the archiva
> configuration files are now jetty files. Is this true for the war
> install on tomcat?

This particular person was using the standalone bundle - there's no
change for those using the war install.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Destuctive upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.